Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thursday Three - Why We Love It

"It" being homeschooling. Or unschooling. Or whatever label you want to give what we are doing.

1. We don't have to deal with homework. I will never have to worry about how my kids will get off the bus at 4 pm with two hours worth of homework that we have to attempt to fit into our family time. For this, I'm thankful.

2. Alarm clocks aren't necessary. This is not to say there aren't situations my kids need to be up at a certain time, or that my kids don't have a decent hour they should be in bed. But it does mean that I don't have to worry about (as a friend said about her kids) "plucking the sleeping children out of bed in time to shove them onto the bus looking halfway decent". It also means that we CAN have a campfire or visit people (and stay late!) or have a movie night, and I don't have to worry that they have to be up at 6 am the next morning. They can sleep in until 8, and its ok.

3. We can just be ourselves and do what we want to do. Which basically means being a crazy family, exploring everything we can, going until we crash into a giggling heap on the floor.

1 comment:

Ruralmama said...

Beautiful picture mama! Love the list too, very good. ;-) Oh, I'm so tired!!!